Tips to write a page title:
- Contain your keywords from the search query analysis and keyword research you have done. Use the keywords but don't overuse it..
- Include your brand name when relevant
- Be between 50-55 characters (sometimes you can get away with 35-60 characters). Too few and you miss opportunities. Too many and the title gets cut off.
- Be understandable. Focus on readers, not just Google.
- Present the answer to the person’s search query.
- Match the content on the page. This should happen when the title contains your keywords.
- Be unique to other pages on your site.
- Be attractive or interesting in some way to make people want to click. This is often ticked off when other steps are done.
Tips for writing a Meta Description:
- Aim for 145-160 characters.
- Add your keywords in the meta description so the text is bold in search results and stands out.
- Structure the description around your keywords.
- Put them down first then write around it by thinking of the intent behind the search query.
Image Above: Example below for a Page Title and Meta Description